As the world becomes more and more connected, the healthcare industry is starting to make use of this technology. Nowadays, digital technologies revolutionizing the delivery of healthcare by offering digital healthcare solutions and this is how telehealth changes the future of healthcare and removes challenges faced in the healthcare industry. Telehealth is not only convenient, but it’s also often more affordable than in-person services.
- The global telehealth market is expected to reach $194.1 billion by 2023.
- The United States telehealth market is expected to reach $867.3 billion by 2030.
- By 2025, more than 43% of US population is expected to become regular telehealth users
- 1 in 5 physicians is using telehealth services for patient care
- Over half of US states have enacted laws that allow for the reimbursement of telehealth services.
- Patients who used telehealth had a 30% reduction in hospital admissions.
- 45% consider telemedicine a high priority
- 86% are interested in using telemedicine to improve patient outcomes
Types of Telehealth Services
- Patient Portal – A secured self-serve online portal for patients to communicate with the care provider
- Virtual Appointments – Consultations with care providers via live calls where patients are guided
- Remote Monitoring – New technology includes mobile apps or devices to measure health data
- Personal Health Records – A collection of personal health records where patients can control and update
- Personal Health Apps – Health apps to help track and store health-related information for medications
Measured Impacts of Telehealth
- Lower the chance of hospital stay
- Gains patient satisfaction with telehealth
- Fewer the visit for emergency or urgent care
- Improves symptom management
- Improves patient outcomes
- Greater emotional well-being with patient
- Reduces the healthcare cost for both patients and providers
- Improves physical wellbeing
How telehealth improving access to healthcare professionals
- Increasing access to consulting patients remotely
- Improving access to healthcare by reducing wait times
- Increasing access to care by making it more convenient
- Improving access to healthcare by making it more affordable
Growing Need for Telehealth in Healthcare
- Enables healthcare providers to offer care to patients remotely
- Improve patient outcomes by providing timely access to care
- Reduce healthcare costs by reducing the need for travel and in-person visits
- Improve patient compliance with treatment plans by providing reminders and support
- Increase patient engagement in their own health and care
- Access to care for patients in rural and underserved areas
- Access to care for patients with transportation or mobility challenges
- Access to care for patients with child care or work obligations
- Access to care for patients who are homebound
- Improve the quality of healthcare by reducing errors and increasing transparency
know about Aura’s Telehealth Solutions to improve the care and quality of life for patients. Visit, https://www.aurahs.com/